| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • You already know Dokkio is an AI-powered assistant to organize & manage your digital files & messages. Very soon, Dokkio will support Outlook as well as One Drive. Check it out today!

View
 

Meeting 2010-03-18

Page history last edited by Todd Fell 11 years, 4 months ago

March 18-19, 2010

Library of Congress (Washington, D.C.)

 

Editors in attendance:

  • Seanna Tsung (C)
  • Todd Fell (C)
  • Manon Théroux (C)

 

Editors present in conference call:

  • Randy Brandt (C)
  • Larry Creider (C)
  • Nancy Kandoian (C)

 

Editors absent:

  • Carolyn Kadri (C)

 

Notes

It was decided that Areas 3, 5, and 7 would not be discussed at these meetings. Instead, the group would focus on Areas 0, 1, 2, and 4.

 

Appendixes

Before beginning discussion on Area 0, the group spent time working through a more complete listing of the appendixes. The current draft of the appendixes can be found on the Assignments for Editors page of the wiki. The following Cartographic Materials appendixes will not be used in DCRM(C): A, F, G, H, J, and K. Although the specific appendixes were not discussed in detail, several general decisions were made.

  • Appendix C (Core-Level Records) should be put off until closer to publication, pending discussion of RDA and FRBR.
  • Appendix H (Individual and Special Issues of Serials) should be kept separate (see below).
  • Randy and Larry will work on drafting Appendix J, Guidelines to Determine Scale and Coordinates.
  • Randy will work on formulating the treatment for Series and Sets, which will tentatively be Appendix P.

 

There was some discussion on how to handle Series and Sets vs. Serials (Appendix H vs. Appendix P); should it be limited to what is in DCRM(B)? Or should we widen the scope as in Cartographic Materials? Many of the issues overlap topics in Appendixes E (Variation Requiring a New Record) and H (Individual and Special Issues of Serials).

 

Area 0

Following the outline of the appendixes, there was lengthy discussion on Area 0. At the end of the first day's discussion, a conference call was made to include Larry, Nancy, and Randy. The specific rules discussed, and the decisions made, can be found on the Topics Under Discussion page, under Area 0 - General Rules.

 

Area 1

The second day of the meeting was spent discussing Area 1.  At the end of the first day's discussion, a conference call was made to include Larry, Nancy, and Randy. The specific rules discussed, and the decisions made, can be found on the Topics Under Discussion page, under Area 1 - Title and Statement of Responsibility. 

 

ACTION ITEMS

  • Manon will create a comparison chart for Chief source of information and Prescribed source of information for AACR2/CM/DCRM(B)
  • Seanna and Randy will work on form and order of title information for Area 1, after which Seanna will draft a new section 1A3 
  • Nancy to write a position paper on whether we should incorporate Cartographic Materials 1E6 (cataloger-supplied $b [geographic area covered]) into our rules somewhere in 1D 
  • Todd will upload a marked-up version of Area 7 
  • Randy will work on the treatment of Series and Sets 
  • Larry and Randy will draft Appendix J, Guidelines to Determine Scale and Coordinates   

 

Items to be discussed at BSC

  • consistency between DCRM(C) and DCRM(G)
  • Cartographic Materials 1E6 (cataloger-supplied $b [geographic area covered])

 

 

Submitted by Todd Fell  

 

 

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.